Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 7: Banovici II (50 s.)

Roni

Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 7: Banovici II (50 s.)

Post by Roni »

Zdravo!

Na njemackom:
http://www.mstsforum.info/index.php?topic=2780.0

To the previous part of the trip report:
Steam in Bosnia 2010 - 6: Banovici I - Narrow Gauge Mainline (50 p.)

http://railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33040

We spent the night April 4 -5 2010 at the forest hotel "Zlaca", a building of typical yugoslav modern architecture, so quite creative, but past its heyday. However, local recreational turism seemed to be on the rise, the rebuilt forestry line was also supposed to lead here.
After a rich dinner with several courses and a few sips of tuzlanski pivo we slept well, we had no early appointment the next day, too.

The morning of a bad weather day, with sun! We were about to have more weather luck later that day, but on a photo event with plenty of time you can influence luck a little by waiting for the right moments...

Along the road from the hotel you could come across this freight ropeway in a typical Bosnian village, notice the protective wooden shack.

At half past nine we arrived at our first stop, the narrow gauge workshop of Banovici town, in front of it this fire station with lovely vehicle could be found.

The entrance to the workshop, usually you are first invited to the boss for a coffee and shown his extensive loco plate collection. However, that day the boss had gone to Sarajevo for a presentation of his latest plans.

A narrow gauge heavy load vehicle - you don't see that every day...

Inside a workshop without boss I had to be satisfied with still lifes at first...

Perhaps, if you were following someone?

Maybe they are hiding?

The notes everywhere fascinated me extremely, but the absolute highlight in this and other areas would be the amazing Bukinje workshop.

Was it second breakfast at 9:30 a.m.?

While nothing was going on inside, time could be used for some outdoor shots during a sunny spell. Many engines were stabled here, among them 55-99 (Budapest #5599 (plate of #5844)/1949), rebuilt for touristic purposes, as well as 720-001 (MIN Nis/rebuild Banovici 1987) in this picture.

Mad Max would certainly be satisfied with this class 83...

But mainly a bunch of class 25s were standing around.

This vehicle reminded me of my childhood, as they were the most widespread trucks and small busses in Yugoslavia.

After entering again I found in the rearmost corner - work!

"Rudar"("Miner")-magazine.

Until now scenes had been nostalgic, but this could as well be decades ago! Comrade Tito is watching above it all.

"Dad, protect yourself, return home healthy from work!"

Switchbox-art - for me it somehow had a chinese touch...

There wasn't much more going on yet...

View into the canteen.

Here we go! Put on your safety goggles!

"Attention, clean!"

Ivo was in charge.

How many people can you spot here?

Concentrated look...

Encircled.

Simple: "Space for smoking"

Inside the rear workshop:

Here came the fireworks: At a freight car...

We had seen the sister loco in action yesterday, this was 83-159:

Usually you try to avoid lens flare, but this was alright!!!

Light into darkness.

Through the cab of 83-159...

A second guy holding the work piece at the wagon:

Boiler view.

And here we found the tender of 83-158!

"Never use worn cables!"

After about an hour we moved on, it was also better for my health as it is not comfortable to take pictures of scenes like that through the viewfinder, and I don't like LiveView...
The next parts will treat the regular narrow gauge steam shunting, some irregular operations - not caused by us - and on the standard gauge part a rarity would be fired up for us!
Pozdrav,
Roni

http://raildata.info