Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 12: Bukinje - 33-504 (50 s.)

Roni

Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 12: Bukinje - 33-504 (50 s.)

Post by Roni »

Zdravo!

Evo njemacka verzija:
http://www.mstsforum.info/index.php?topic=2882.0

To the previous part of the trip report:
Steam in Bosnia 2010 - 11: Bukinje - Class 33 Depot II (50 p.)

http://railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34345

To the video for this part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0XVxdo-Jgo

April 7 2010 started as a wonderful day on which we would be able to enjoy 66-year-old 33-504 (ex German Reichsbahn 52 793) to the fullest.
At 7:45 a.m. we arrived in front of the loco shed, this time I could take the reflection photo under blue skies and undisturbed by rain drops.

Off we went to shunting service.

A quick peek into the dispatcher's office couldn't hurt even in sunny weather.

The first task: put together loaded coal wagons for the interchange to the power plant. This took place only about twice weekly.

No, shunting was not performed that speedy... ;-)

The cars partly belonged to Termoelektrana Tuzla power station, the biggest in Bosnia.

Up to here and no further!

An impressive train of 14 loaded cars had formed which were now pushed across the track scales.

The already refurbished tender of 33-248, which we had observed under general inspection during the last two travelogues inside the workshop.

The tender featured some practical ladders, so let's climb up and use it as a photo spot! In the foreground you can see a row of abandoned class 62s, 62-637 (Djuro Djakovic #637 / built 1955) in front.

After weighing was finished, the class 33 steamed past us.

Now we had to wait for line clearance by the power station staff, so a few photo departures partly onto the line could be squeezed in.

Through the door of Bukinje mine facility, the colour-light signal was out of order.

The next photo run with a touch of spring, Bernd and I were taking the shot lying in the gravel.

After another 45 minutes the time had come: we were waiting close to the railway crossing of the main road, the crossing guard had arrived. 33-504 was rolling away - regular line operation of a WWII loco in 2010!

During waiting time I could spot a few insider treats: the bus company "ROAD" was operating a lot of former Austrian ÖBB- and "Bundes"-busses in several variations, more about them later. Meanwhile, the English-speaking colleagues were enjoying another bus operator called "Hazard". But at the moment at least I could not deny myself to insert a waiting Bundesbus into the photo electronically... ;-)

After 10 minutes the single loco returned passing the level crossing guard's hut.

At 9:40 a.m. our morning shift at Bukinje was over, until late afternoon we spent our time at other lines nearby.

After four o'clock we returned to Bukinje workshop, for the moment a thin cloud layer darkened the sky.

A memorial for the victims of the Bosnian war.

We explored the area towards the mine entrance, a mine car loaded with timber could be found, as well as a strange monorail-overhead railway construction.

We waited for an hour until the sky had cleared, at 17:30 it finally had happened.

Next we changed to the track with the scales, the overhead railway to the left.

Spring was here!

A close-up view of the overhead railway track, ...

... which was leading across this bridge into the underground mine.

33-504 was presenting itself with its train beautifully in the last evening light after six o'clock.

Just as we thought the programme was over, an overhead railway train out of the mine chugged by. It was a really strange contraption put together from various modules including a passenger cockpit, all in all it could have come right out of a science fiction movie. It was difficult to capture it as a whole on photo, so best watch it on video (see link above). Next to some sort of loco shed for the vehicle a track triangle was in place operated by manual switches.

After dinner at our hotel we returned to the usual night photo session.

Lighting was set up at the loading facility.

Nice shadow casting.

This time a beautiful starry sky could by enjoyed as well.

After 9 p.m. we went to sleep, the following morning we as well as the loco and crew would have to start early for a big day - more about it in the next part! :-)
Pozdrav,
Roni

http://raildata.info
Ćiro_bos

Re: Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 12: Bukinje - 33-504 (50 s.)

Post by Ćiro_bos »

Kao i uvijek, odlično Roni! Hvala!
pozdrav...
Posavina expres
Roni

Re: Parna tura kroz Bosnu 2010 - 12: Bukinje - 33-504 (50 s.)

Post by Roni »

Hvala, Ciro! :)
Pozdrav,
Roni

http://raildata.info